CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME 5.1.5. It is a public maintenance release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 5.1.4 released in July 2010.
This new release of SALOME includes the following important new features and improvements:
- New operations in Geometry module: Automatic coordinate vectors and other.
- Export CAD models to VTK native format in Geometry module.
- New operations in Mesh module: Split hexahedrons to 24 tetrahedrons, Remove orphan nodes, Create boundary elements, Duplicate nodes / elements.
- Improved Quadrangle mapping meshing algorithm: new Reduced (layers) type of meshing.
- New filters in Mesh module: Coplanar faces.
- Graduated axes trihedron in the OCC viewer.
- Customizable shortcuts for some most frequently used operations.
- New features in YACS module.
- New TUI functions.
- Multi-language support (plus French resources).
- And more … see SALOME 5.1.5 Release Notes for details
SALOME 5.1.5 supports Debian 4.0 Etch 32bit and 64bit; both are Ubuntu compatible. The latest installation wizard packages can be retrieved from the download page of the official site. I expect the tutorial "Installation of SALOME 5.1.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit)" would still be helpful when install the latest SALOME 5.1.5 onto Ubuntu 10.10. I also look forward to receiving your testing feedback on this.