This new release of SALOME includes the following important new features and improvements:
- Improved Filling algorithm in Geometry module.
- Mesh scaling operation.
- Split all 3d mesh elements (volumes) to the tetrahedrons.
- Change sub-meshing order for the concurrent sub-meshes.
- Find mesh element closest to the specified point.
- Modify point markers in Mesh and Post-Pro modules.
- Sort table data (Post-Pro module).
- Using of two vertical axes in the Plot2d viewer.
- Keyboard free interaction style in OCC viewer.
- New features in YACS module.
- And more … see SALOME 5.1.4 Release Notes for details
SALOME 5.1.4 supports Debian 4.0 Etch 32bit and 64bit; both are Ubuntu compatible. The latest installation wizard packages can be retrieved from the download page of the official site. As feedback from users, the tutorial "Installation of SALOME 5.1.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit)" also works with SALOME 5.1.4 on Ubuntu 10.04.
We also look forward to the corresponding Windows version.
SALOME 5.1.4 for tests on windows available
As announced by Adam on 2nd July, 2010, SALOME version 5.1.4 for tests on windows is already available. Please refer to the download page and the how-to-compile page for more details.